Monday, April 6, 2009

Forli- post 9

On this stop we are here not to go site seeing but to connect with old friends,and for me relax!
We are staying with an old friend of my grandmother, named Stefania. When my gramma was younger, she used take in people from Italy and teach them English, offering them a place to stay while they went to school. When the day turned to night and dinner rolled around, we met with Bruna, my mother's "Italian mother" and my "Italian grandmother." My mom spent several summers and a whole year with her when she was a teenager. When they talked, I tried to figure out some of the Italian because I had learned some of the language before the trip. As they talked in Italian, I scarfed down wonderful food, trying to keep up with the fast paced eating Italians. When we were there I bought a couple of books to practice my Italian. As our trip is winding down I think back to some of the things I have seen in the course of the two weeks we spent here.


-Isaac Hochenedel

No comments:

Post a Comment